Jan 2, 2010

Saturday: Pad Thai Reflex

Today's run was short thanks to the yummy-then-but-regretful-now Pad Thai and peanut sauce I hogged yesterday night at a friend's place. Since it kept me up all night I figured I might as well go for a run.


Distance: 5.11mi   Time: 46:22

Jay joined me at 6am on this windy cold winter day(25 degrees). I started with doubt and was constantly reminded of the peanut sauce I ate yesterday night. Running now, had a mixed feeling -- I was nauseas from the food but also feeling good due to the run -- but had to turn back after a short distance allowing me to cover only 5 miles. I am glad we did, because on the way home I threw up and felt miserable :-(

Did I regret it? The food choice: Yes. The run: No. As someone, who I can't recall, said, "You will only regret the runs you missed and not the runs you did."

PS: After lot of dilly-dallying, I finally registered for the New Orleans Mardi Gras marathon (Feb 28th). Anyone running?

0 comments:

Post a Comment