Dec 7, 2009

Switching to Garmin Forerunner 405

I am giving up on BuddyRunner app.  This could've been the coolest app on the Android phone but given that it's free I can't seem to expect much from it. I've written to the developers about the problems but after several missed runs, bad pace calculation -- overall this is a buggy app and I don't have patience to wait for their development cycles to kick in and fix the bugs.

So after running more than 250 miles with BuddyRunner, I switched to my Forerunner 405 which was gathering dust since Toronto marathon.  It's easy to use and very reliable except that it was very expensive! But doesn't make sense to not use it if you already own it. Does it? It has several cool features but the learning curve is steep. I've used it in fixed settings mostly during marathons -- also ran the San Francisco marathon with it.

Oh BTW, I am starting this new running blog. Exciting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment