Dec 13, 2009

Lousy weekend: On Meds


Friday morning found me with a fever and back ache, and set the tone for the weekend. I missed the Friday and weekend runs due to flared tonsils and strep. The antibiotic (Penicillin) makes me feel sapped out and extremely thirsty. Thank God for chilled Gatorade. There won't be much any running on Sunday or even Monday, that is like four days of no activity. Besides, it's very important to give sufficient rest to the body for the immune system to fight back.

Naturally, I'm a bit worried about losing the conditioning I've gained so far. The Galloway's book on running, that I've been reading off and on, suggests that there will be NO loss of conditioning for up to a week of no activity! Beyond that, you rapidly lose conditioning.

There is lot of school work piling up due to this weekend's inactivity. Getting back on track is going to be fun! I hope to be of decent shape for my Celtic Solstice 5 miler next Saturday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment