Mar 9, 2010

Tuesday: Fort run

Sometime back I was thinking aloud on why do we run? That's a silly question but there are days when you are just grateful that you can run. For the last two days, I have been working incessantly on my paper that was due yesterday 3 am. After a lot of effort, I did not make the submission and decided to make it stronger for the next conference. The feeling after that is probably similar to a DNF at mile 25 in marathon. To make matters worse, I also got a note that the Lead the way 50K that I was planning to run is cancelled for this year.  Needless to say, the rest of my day today was down in the pits but luckily today I had planned a nice evening run with Jay. We did a medium sized run today and this will be probably the longest I will go before tapering for the DC marathon. I'm now ready for another day.

Distance: 13.36mi      Time: 01:51:17

0 comments:

Post a Comment